Founded almost 100 years ago, it’s no surprise that Le Creuset have absolutely perfected the craft of creating world-class cookware. Used by leading chefs and keen cooks around the globe, Le Creuset cookware offers outstanding performance time after time.
Our guide below gives a brief insight into the various Le Creuset products we offer, whilst providing a little inspiration towards creating your very own culinary masterpieces!
Create heart warming specialties with the Enameled Cast Iron Casserole
A culinary classic, the Le Creuset casserole has been loved by cooks across the world for nearly a century. Perfectly designed for stews, roasts, soups, casseroles and baking, this iconic piece is your one-stop pot for memorable meals with an intense depth of mouth-watering flavour.
“A modern classic, Le Creuset’s cast iron casseroles are the product of nearly a century of refinement. Passed down through generations, they get better with age.”
The Le Creuset Deep Casserole has been expertly designed for stews, roasts, soups, casseroles and baking. The Le Creuset Shallow Casserole has a large, flat shape and shallow sides, making it perfect for browning meat and vegetables, rice dishes, simmering casseroles, stir frying and baking.
Whip up a mouth watering masterpiece with the recipe below!
- Toast the cumin and coriander seeds in a dry pan over a medium heat for about 3 minutes, until fragrant. Cool slightly, then transfer to a spice mill. Add the peppercorns and poppy seeds & pulse until fine, then tip into a small mixing bowl. Add the turmeric, garam masala, chilli and lime zest.
- Heat 1tbs of coconut oil in a Le Creuset 24cm Cast Iron Signature Round Casserole. Add the onion and sauté over medium-low heat for 12-15 minutes until caramelised. Stir in the garlic and ginger & cook for a further minute or two.
- Add the spice mix to the onions along with another tablespoon of coconut oil. Cook for 1 minute, stirring continuously, then mix in the chicken & season lightly with salt. Deglaze with the stock, scraping up all the sticky bits at the base of the casserole.
- Add the coconut milk and bay leaves, cover partially and simmer for around 35 minutes. Stir through the chickpeas and kale and cook for a further 5 minutes. Serve with steamed basmati or warm roti, fresh coriander and lime wedges.
Experience a perfectly grilled, authentic taste with the Cast Iron Grillit
Create BBQ style dishes in the comfort of your home with the Le Creuset Cast Iron Grillit. From seared meats to charred vegetables and delicious hot sandwiches, the grillit seals your food quickly and locks in all-important moisture and flavour.
The grillit is suitable for the oven, hob, induction or under the grill, so you can create a variety of dishes with ease. It’s perfect for tasty, healthy cooking too, as fat simply drains away and collects below the ribs.
Rustle up a quick bite to eat with the recipe below…
- Place the Le Creuset Signature Cast Iron Square Grillit® over a medium heat to preheat. To check the grill is hot enough flick a few drops of cold water onto the grill. If it sizzles, your pan’s ready to use. If it doesn’t, let it heat for a little longer.
- Once hot lay the bacon onto the grill. Cook until crispy, approximately 2 minutes per side.
- Make the chilli mayo by simply mixing the mayo and Sriracha. Spread over the 2 sourdough slices and top with the avocado, rocket leaves and crispy bacon.
- Sandwich the two slices together, slice in half and serve!
Produce professional results with Toughened Non Stick
Coated on the inside with Le Creuset‘s best-ever non-stick coating, and a tough, easy to clean coated exterior, the Toughened Non Stick collection allows you to effortlessly whip up your all-time family favourites. The non-stick coating can handle all types of frying even without oil or fat, making it perfect for healthier cooking too.
The Toughened Non Stick Shallow Fry Pan is a versatile kitchen essential, whilst the Toughened Non Stick Sauteuse lets you cook with confidence for professional results, for an array of delicious dishes that the whole family will enjoy.
Why not give the below recipe a try?
- Pre-heat your oven to 200°C
- Infuse the saffron strands in a cup of warm water.
- Add olive oil to your Le Creuset Toughened Non Stick Frying Pan & heat gently on a low-medium heat. Add the onions, garlic and cumin, frying gently until the onions are soft but not browned.
- Add the chickpeas & saffron-infused water to the pan, stirring gently & then simmer on a medium heat to create a stew-like consistency.
- Season with a little salt and black pepper if desired.
- With the back of a large spoon, make 4 small wells in the mixture & break an egg into each. Place the frying pan into your pre-heated oven & bake for 5-10 minutes, until the eggs are cooked but the yolks are still a little runny.
- Sprinkle with coriander, chilli and sumac & add the sliced tomatoes. Finish with a drizzle of yoghurt on top.
Add the finishing touches to your Le Creuset collection
With a selection of Le Creuset cooking utensils and serveware available, we have everything you need to get creative in the kitchen! From trivets, spatulas and basting brushes to salt & peppermills and ramekins, why not pop into our Housing Units store or shop online to complete your collection today?
For many more delicious recipes and inspiration, take a look at Le Creuset’s official website where you can download and print your favourite ideas to try at home!