This week we explore Grey Mystique, a deeply contemporary trend. Join us to see how you can design and inspire your home with new decor and accessories. Read on for top tips and styling suggestions…
Styling tips and tricks
Meet the Olympia collection, a perfect mix of ceramic, marble and glass. This is a perfect combination of materials to emphasis the dusky hues of the Grey Mystique trend, bringing an effortless sense of cool to your home.
In the lounge…
The strong use of grey can be softened with textured cushions, throws, linens and wool. Using this combination it brings the room alive whilst still maintaining a cosy feeling with a sophisticated edge. To finish off your living room add lush candles, coffee table books, coasters and coffee cups making this space easy to live in.
Ideal dining set up…
When focusing on this trend the table decor creates a feeling of sophistication and understated glamour. With subtle hues of blue and grey to accessorise this enhances your home interior by dressing the table with stone dishes and accessorise with stone plant pots around your home and garden. If you take an approach to cover all the finer details in your home, the beauty of this modern style flourishes. A combination of ceramic and marble increases the enjoyment of eating at this spacious table, which is perfectly complimented by the grey fabric chairs.
When focusing on this trend the table decor creates a feeling of sophistication and understated glamour. With subtle hues of blue and grey to accessorise this enhances your home interior. Simply by dressing the table with stone dishes and accessorise with stone plant pots around your home and garden. By following each step it completes the Grey Mystique look.
Ready Steady Cook
The fantastic feature of this trend is the heat resistance of the Olympia dining table. This takes the worry out of marking your table when you serve delicious piping hot meals for friends and family. Here’s an easy recipe below, to make this week with our step by step guide for Oriental Salmon & Tenderstem Broccoli Tray Bake …
Ingredients (to serve 4):
- 3 – 4 salmon fillets, skin off and pin-boned
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil or sesame oil
- 2 Lemons + juice ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 200g of tender stem broccoli
- Optional small bunch of spring onions – sliced
How to prepare this delicious meal…
- Heat oven to 180ºC/160ºC fan/gas 4.
- Dress each of the salmon fillets with a light coating of olive oil or sesame oil and freshly ground black pepper.
- Put the salmon in a large roasting tin/ceramic dish, leaving space between each fillet.
- Wash and drain the tender stem broccoli and, while still a little wet, arrange in the tray around the fillets. Pour the lemon juice over everything, then add the lemon quarters.
- (Optional) Top with half the spring onions, drizzle with a little olive oil and put in the oven for 14 mins. Remove from the oven, sprinkle everything with the soy sauce, then return to the oven for 4 mins more until the salmon is cooked through. (Optional) Sprinkle with the remaining spring onions just before serving.
Serve with a side of spring greens or rice noodles if you fancy something more substantial.
With meal choices like this you will always want to host! This complete look is so contemporary and the longevity of the design alongside its simplicity means you’ll enjoy dinner parties in style and comfort.
Click here to see our exclusive Spring 2019 trends.